Welcome!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wonderful Saturday

I've decided we need to be more active around the house.  Lily plays so well independently, sometimes David and I don't play with her as much as I think we should.  So I'm challenging us to do activities we don't normally do or things we should be doing.  I'm trying to make a list of all the interesting and fun things Lily can do now (sometimes I forget how much she really can do - it's amazing).  If any one has unique or fun ideas, please let me know.  I'm very open to new ideas.

Since I'm feeling almost back to normal, today was the day we are making the change.  Even though it's only 3:00pm, we have already had a fun filled day.  We started out the morning by making breakfast.  Lily helped me make pancakes.  She would put the ingredients in the bowl, and she helped stir then together.

Next, we headed outside to do some finger painting.  I have had these paints for so long, but I think I was afraid of the mess she would make.  I really love our covered patio...it makes all the difference.  We can now do these activities outside, without being right in the sun.  Clad only in a diaper, she had so much fun playing in the paint.

patiently waiting



finally digging in


checking out her messy hands




concentrating very hard


love this one!

it was more fun to paint herself
It only made sense that our next activity consisted of water.  It is now quite warm here (though not near as warm as TX), so we brought out Lily's inflatable pool.  She had so much fun playing in it, and Gracie even got in and cooled off.  I'm thinking this will be an activity we do a bunch this summer.  Here are a couple pictures of the pool.



G having a great time!
Next up....making chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment