Welcome!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sad news...

I normally try to keep my posts to fun things our family has done, but today I have to post about something serious.  I wanted to put this in our blog because this is a major event that happened to our family, and I don't want it to be something we forget about or just push aside.

At the beginning of May we found out we were expecting our second child.  We were over the moon!  We have been trying to have a second child for a while, so we were ready.  Things were going along pretty smoothly, I was feeling great, just a bit tired and hungry.  I was surprised that I hadn't been nauseous at all because I felt awful the entire 1st trimester with Lily.  I know that every pregnancy is different, but I just had an odd feeling with this pregnancy. 

Well a few days ago, I started having some problems, so I went into the doctor Friday afternoon.  After having a ultrasound, I found out there was no heartbeat, and that the baby was only measuring at 7 weeks, while I was supposed to be at almost 10 weeks.  They said something must have happened a few weeks ago.  It was nothing we did.  The dr. said usually miscarriages happen at this stage because something was developmentally wrong.

I can't even describe the amount of shock and pain David and I were in at that moment.   It's amazing all the things you dream about in the first weeks of a pregnancy, and to see all of them go in a snap is very, very hard. 

Even as unbelievable as everything was, I have to admit, I thought something was wrong from the beginning.  I couldn't get over the fact I wasn't sick or nauseous.  I also really wanted to tell everyone about the pregnancy, but every time I sat down to write and email or thought about telling someone, I had a voice in my head saying, "just wait until you hear the heartbeat."  Then once I started having some complications, I knew something was wrong.  I fully believe God was guiding us the entire time.  Because of the "voice" in my head, I have had a much easier time coming to terms with what happened.  I believe that things happen for a reason, and I believe this event will have an amazing impact on our lives.  I already feel like David and I have grown so much closer, and we both have a renewed appreciation for the beautiful family we have.

Please pray for us over the next few days and weeks as we grieve over our loss and as we put our trust in God as He guides us in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear this! my heart breaks, but you are right God is in control! we will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete