Welcome!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bedtime Adventures

I can't believe I haven't written this down yet! 

We have had quite the bedtime experiences with Lily.  She started taking off clothes, diaper, and peeing in her bed almost every night.  The following is the different variations we tried with her bedtime attire:

a) We bought Pull-Ups.  Since she learned how to undo the tabs, we figured this would stop her from getting her diaper off.  We thought wrong.  She only had to watch us take off her diaper once or twice before she figured it out.

b)We bought onesies.  She was in 2-piece pjs before, and could easily take off her clothes.  I thought having a onesie would help...I thought wrong again!  She easily figured out how to unsnap the onesie, and we found her naked in a wet bed once more.

c)We turned the onesie backwards.  I thought if maybe the snaps were out of her reach it would help.  She didn't learn how to take the onesie off this time.  Instead, she figured out how to get the diaper off WITHOUT taking off her onesie!!!  She is a tricky one.

d) We put her pants on the inside.  Yes, now the order was diaper, pants, and then her onesie.  It is seriously quite a sight!  This did the trick for a little longer.   But our daughter is very creative, and she figured out how to take off her pants and diaper with the onesie still snapped!  I'm still not quite sure how easily this happened, but I wish I had set up a camera to catch it on video.

e) Last resort--DUCT TAPE!  It was the only other thing we could think of!  So now we place duct tape over the sides of the pull up so she can take it apart.  This has been a success for a while now, so I think we have finally put a stopper on the wet beds....at least until we start potty training.   

We will be starting on the potty training soon enough, especially since we are finally back from our trips.  I'm hoping the transition goes smoothly because I am really tired of washing sheets!

So after hearing all the crazy descriptions of Lily's pjs, here is picture proof of how she looks every night.  I will try and get a few more pictures of her crazy mix-ups because she looks awesome some nights :)  (This particular morning she felt shoes were appropriate.  This doesn't happen every morning, but it certainly spruced up this outfit.)


1 comment: