Welcome!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

As with Easter, it was only the 3 of us for Mother's Day. It was strange not having my mom or grandmother's around us on Mother's Day, but it was fun for me to get to enjoy being the "mom". David had planned most of the day out, which sounded wonderful, but unfortunately plans had to be changed. Even with the changes, we had a fantastic, relaxed day with our family.

My day started out with David making us breakfast: waffles, eggs, and bacon...yum! They were so yummy! Then we headed out to the mall to do a bit of shopping. We found out there was a Red Robin at the mall (we didn't think one was out here), so we decided to have lunch. After lunch we headed to our outdoor shopping area/movie theater to play for a bit. We wanted to take Lily to the movies, but we weren't sure how she would be, she's never been before, AND it was her nap time. I really wanted to take her, so we decided to go and see how it went. We went to see Rio, and Lily couldn't have been better! She snuggled on my lap the entire time, and she really seemed to enjoy the movie and the sour patch kids we got :) After the movie we headed next door to Baskin Robbins for a treat! We all enjoyed that.

I had such a wonderful day with my family. I am so blessed to have such a sweet little girl, and a wonderful hubby who definitely spoiled me on my day :)

Here is a picture of my and my little nugget in front of the fountain.
Here is the beautiful ring David and Lily got me! I love it! It's Lily's birthstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment