Welcome!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gracie!!!

I know I always write and update on Lily and other things that our family does, but today I thought I would focus on the furry member of our family who sometimes gets overlooked...GRACIE!!!

Gracie joined our family the February after we moved into our house. After being married for 8 months, David finally gave in to my constant nagging to get a dog. I was always looking up puppies online and even changed the background on our computer to a puppy to help convince him we needed one. The choice to get a lab was pretty easy, seeing how I always wanted a larger dog, and David's favorite childhood dog was a chocolate lab. Well, finally one Saturday David caved and this was the result.


I can't believe she is now 3 years old. Every year she wears her birthday girl hat, and she gets some special treats from the doggie bakery! Even though she stresses us out some days (we are still waiting for the "puppy" to come out of her), she is definitely one of the family. I am amazed at the relationship growing between her and Lily. Lily can't get enough of her and loves to give her kisses, and Gracie constantly checks on her...it is so sweet.
Some people say that after you have your own children, your dogs stop being your baby and just become the dog. I am happy to say Gracie is still very much our first "baby" and a very important part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment