Welcome!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fun Times in the High Chair

Since Lily is now 8 months old, she can try all sorts of new food. I'm trying to give her as much as I can because soon she will be a year old and eating normal food. The first new thing she tried was yogurt. I thought she would like yogurt because she eats yogurt melts all the time, and that is just freeze dried yogurt. I was wrong. It was the first time she had eaten cold food, so I think that was part of the problem...not to mention how tart yogurt it. She has eaten it a few more times since these pictures were taken, and she is starting to like it a bit more.

I don't think these pictures do justice to the awful faces she was making, and I didn't get a picture of her gagging on it!




The next new issue we have had with dinner time is Lily loves to bite on the spoon every time I feed her. Most of the time, she ends up stealing the spoon and dinner is delayed a bit.




The next new thing Lily tried was some green beans. I was making green beans for dinner, so I took a bean out of the can for Lily before I cooked the rest for us. She ate it quite well, but I think she wasn't so sure about the texture. I was very proud of her eating actual food for the first time. I think we will have to try bananas for mashed potatoes next.




Finally, as I mentioned earlier, Lily loves to steal the spoon I feed her with. Well the other night at dinner she did just that. So, I asked David to bring me another spoon so I could feed her while she played with the spoon. My plan backfired! She stole the other spoon as well. She was having such a good time playing with a spoon in each hand.


In this picture she had the spoon in her mouth and was using both her hands to play with the pink spoon. She moved her left hand right before I took the picture, so it looks like she is holding the spoon in her mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment