Welcome!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet Caroline!

Alright, as you can tell, having 2 kiddos hasn't left me with much time to keep up with my blog!  Now that it's been a few months, I'm hoping I can go back and update what's happened as well as keep up with the current happenings.

I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since Caroline was born!  It really has flown by.  I can't believe she's about to start hitting big milestones soon: sitting up, crawling, walking, talking!!  I'm really not ready for it.  As much as I want her to grow up so she can play with her big sis, I'm really sad how fast her baby stage is going by.

One thing I really wanted to do with Caroline was have newborn portraits taken.  One of my friend's sister-in-law takes pictures as a hobby/side job, so I set up a time for her to take some pictures.  We were sure to set up the time so that we would be in the 2 week window (where baby's sleep through pretty much anything).  Well, my kid missed the memo about being asleep!  She didn't want to miss anything.  Thankfully we were able to get one picture that day before she started screaming...and it just happens to be one of my favorites!


After trying to get pictures around 4 or 5 more times, including Victoria coming over to our house, we finally got her asleep and got to do pictures!!!  I'm so happy we finally got these.  I had really given up hope that my baby would ever fall asleep.  By the time we got these all I was hoping for were pictures of her not crying!  I'm so thankful I had such a wonderful, patient person taking pictures of my sweet baby.  If we had gone to a studio, there was no way we would have gotten any of these.















1 comment: