Welcome!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On the way home

I forgot my memory card when we left LA, so I wasn't able to get any pictures on the way to Houston.  But I did get a few on our way home. 

But before we get to the pictures, let me back up and talk about Lily on the plane...

Before we left on our trip, I was really worried about taking Lily on an airplane.  She traveled on one when she was about a year and a half, but she sat on our lap.  On the trip out she was pretty good, but the ride home she was very tired and cranky, which made for a stressed out momma.  This time we had to get Lily a seat, since she is over 2.  I read lots of information about toddlers traveling, and saw numerous recommendations to take her car seat.  My hesitation with this was on the way home it was just Lily and me.  I wasn't sure how I was going to manage a toddler and a heavy car seat, not to mention everything to entertain that toddler.  So I again searched online and found a product you hook to your car seat to make it roll.  Seriously best invention ever!  It was a little pricey, but totally worth the money. 

So it came time for our trip.  Lily was such a pro!  She actually rolled her car seat through the airport.  Then she was really excited to get on the plane and she jumped right into her car seat.  She was so happy there, and never got upset.  She kept looking out the window saying, "Momma, Dada, I'm Bumbo high!"  (She loved Dumbo at Disneyland, so now every time she is up somewhere high, she says, "I'm Bumbo high".)

Our ride home was also very easy.  The two of us got through the airport pretty smoothly, and she was happy on the flight home.  She even fell asleep right before we landed.  Now I'm not so nervous about flying with Lily, seeing as she enjoys it more than I do!  And it doesn't hurt when Southwest serves you lots of snacks...including Golden Oreos :)

Lily playing with her stickers

having lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment